Speed dials allow users to dial destinations using fewer key presses. They also allow inbound calls from that destination to have their caller name forced to a particular value, creating a “nickname” for calls from that destination that is shown on handsets.
Speed dials can be shared, affecting all users within this customer, or they can be specific to one telephone line. This page discusses shared speed dials. Speed dials specific to one telephone line can be edited using the link at the bottom of the edit telephone line page.
To add a new speed dial
- Log in to the VProvider web interface.
- Go to Features » Speed dials.
- Click the “New” button.
- Enter the following:
- The speed dial number that users will dial. This is typically one or two digits.
- Optionally a description.
- The destination to call.
- If suitable automatic provisioning has been configured, optionally what type of button on handsets to provision for this speed dial.
- Optionally, a caller name to force for calls from this destination.
- Click the “Save” button.