Provisioning templates allow you to edit the data sent to telephone handsets when they request provisioning. The system owner will have configured which models of handset this will be available for.
To add a new provisioning template
- Log in to the VProvider web interface.
- Go to Features » Provisioning.
- Click the “New” button.
- Enter the following:
- A name for template.
- Optionally a description.
- Which model of handsets may use this template.
- The priority of the template. If a telephone line is set to “Automatic”, the highest priority template for the appropriate model will be used.
- The template data to send. Any templates which will be served via HTTP must start with a “Content-type” header, followed by a blank line.
- What position telephone lines start at. This is typically 1, but may be 0 for some handsets such as Digium and Yealink. If “MAC address suffix is absolute” is used, then a telephone line with MAC address “00:11:22:33:44:55-6” will be provisioned at position 6.
- What position speed dials start at. This is typically 1.
- How many speed dials to allow.
- Click the “Save” button.
- Set any telephone lines to use this provisioning template, or leave them at “Automatic”.