Mailboxes can be owned by a person; if this person has an email address set, an email with an attached .wav or .pdf file is sent for each message saved. It’s normal, but not required, to have a mailbox for each telephone line. More than one telephone line, hunt group, etc, may share a mailbox.
To add a new mailbox
- Log in to the VProvider web interface.
- Go to Features » Mailboxes.
- Click the “New” button.
- Enter the following:
- A number for the mailbox.
- Optionally a description.
- Optionally a person who owns the mailbox.
- Whether to display this mailbox in the control panel.
- The settings for the menus to play when calling to retrieve messages.
- If you have any other mailboxes, which mailboxes to copy any messages left in this mailbox to.
- How to notify the mailbox owner when a new message arrives.
- Where to forward the call if the caller press 0 during the greeting.
- Click the “Save” button.