The bulk dialer allows you to make calls out to a large set of numbers, and any that are successful are forwarded to whatever destination you choose. The numbers to call are grouped into “campaigns”, which are sets of numbers with the same settings.
To create a campaign
- Log in to the VProvider web interface.
- Go to Features » Bulk dialer.
- Click the “New” button.
- Enter the following:
- A name for the campaign.
- Optionally a description.
- Optionally an owner.
- Whether the campaign is enabled. If not, no calls will be made.
- Optionally a time group. If set, calls will only be made when this time group is active.
- The callerid to send on outbound calls.
- The maximum calls to allow at any time.
- The number of times to attempt each number before it is either successful or the dialer gives up.
- How often to retry each destination.
- When to consider the call successful. If unsuccessful, it will be retried.
- Which record group to use to record the call, if you have any.
- Whether to detect answering machines.
- If detecting answering machines, what to do when one is detected.
- Where to send the call if successful.
- Click the “Save” button.
- Click the “Add destinations” link.
- Either upload a text file with one number per line, or enter numbers one per line.
- Click the “Add” button.
At this point dialling will start.
You may optionally also upload a sound file to ask the called party to accept the call.