vPBX is a highly responsive graphic user-interface that facilitates the management of Asterisk servers, in a fast, intuitive, and secure manner.
vPBX provides an intuitive 3-level menu that makes it very easy to locate the item that you want to configure.
Some of the usability features of vPBX you should be aware of are:
- You can use vPBX from any device and with any browser. vPBX transparently adapts to all devices, whether it be a smartphone, tablet, PC, MAC or Linux.
- In the top right corner of each dialog you will find a magnifier ( ). Touching the icon activates the system-wide global search option, allowing you to easily search extensions, call queues, conferences, DISA, trunks, modules, etc.
- When you navigate to a module, you will notice that most of them have an icon list ( ) at the top right corner. When you press on the icon, it will show you a list of all the objects that have been created by that module. At the top the list you will also notice a magnifier ( ) which you can use as filter. Type in any part of the name of the object that you are looking, and all objects that match your filter will be displayed.
- vPBX has been designed so that all the information is always visible on a single page without having to scroll down and lose sight of the rest of the content. For this reason, you will see that most dialogs are divided into multiple tabs that enable you to see all the data for the current object.
- vPBX is multi-tab, which means you can work on any tab in any dialog without closing the previous tab, allowing you to work on different tabs of the dialog, or even different dialogs. You don’t have to save data in one tab before opening another tab, so can work simultaneously on multiple tabs or dialogs. For example, if you are defining a ring group, and realize that you have not defined an extension that will be a destination in the ring group, you can simply go the Extensions dialog, create and save the missing extension, and then complete the ring group using the newly created extension.
- The Save and Delete buttons will always be visible at the bottom of the page, no matter the size of the page that you are using.
- You can get more screen space by hiding the left-hand navigation menu. You can do this by touching the ( ) button located in the upper left of each dialog.
- All fields have tool tips for help. In the case of mobile devices and tablets, you will need to press on the help balloon to access the help text.
- Mandatory fields are indicated by an asterisk following the field name, e.g. Name * indicates that the Name field is mandatory.