A CDR log lists every billable communications transmission on your account. They allow phone companies to generate phone bills and keep definite records of how and when your phone system was used. They are primarily used by businesses to assist in call reporting and billing.
These records typically show data broken down either by user or by phone number. A CDR generated for a single user can show specific metrics, such as call volume and minutes, for that person. They give you a bird’s eye view of how your phone system is used on a business-wide level.
What does CDR include?:
- When the call took place (date and time)
- How long the call lasted (in minutes)
- Who called whom (source and destination phone numbers)?
- What kind of call was made (inbound, outbound, toll-free)?
- How much the call cost (based on a per minute rate and if configured)
Generating CDR is a very useful business tool:
- Resolve disputes.
- Keep records of how funding is spent.
- Log usage of the telephone system.
- CDRs can be used to identify calling trends for i.e. This allows a business to make better management and personnel decisions by analysing patterns and trends.
- Tracking where advertisement is working or not by monitoring what number customers are calling. You may have advertisements in different locational areas showing different numbers for each advertisement.
- Monitor sales calls.
- Monitor staff usage.
- Charging staff for specific calls i.e. personal or non-business calls.
- Find out who’s on the phone the longest.
- How much money each employee spends per call.
- Working out how much you should bill a client, every legal agent uses this facility.
- Better management of your employees, and save resources for your business
- Report on a phone number
- Indicate how much money specific offices or groups are spending on calling minutes, This is useful if your business has several phone numbers for different locations or departments. This kind of report allows you to take an aggregate look at your company’s calling activities.
If you’re looking for deeper insights into your businesses calling activity, you may want to consider contacting us below so we can discuss your exact requirements.
Would you like more information on VProvider Softswitch?
Get in touch with us.
Phone: +61 8 6478 3636
Phone: +61 3 9978 7968
Phone: +61 8 6478 3636