SIP addresses allow external callers to call users on the system via SIP URIs of the form <user>@<domain>. This feature must be enabled by the system administrator before being used.
To add a new SIP address
- Log in to the VProvider web interface.
- Go to Features » SIP addresses.
- Click the “New” button.
- Enter the following:
- The SIP URI to be called. The user part is free-form letters, numbers, underscores, dashes, and dots, and must begin with a letter. The domain part must be one of the domains that the system administrator has enabled for SIP addresses.
- Optionally a description.
- The owner. This person may edit the SIP address even if they are not an administrator.
- Whether to screen calls. If set to yes, the person answering will be asked if they wish to accept the call.
- Optionally force the callerid. This should normally be set to “Original”.
- Optionally the caller name. This allows users on a SIP telephone to see which number the call came from. If not set, the caller name supplied by the caller will be used.
- Whether the caller name setting above replaces the caller name supplied by the caller, prepends to it, or appends to it.
- Optionally hang up the call after a certain number of minutes.
- Which record group to use to record calls, if you have any.
- Which music to play to callers on hold, if you have any.
- Whether to display this number in the control panel.
- The destination to route calls to this SIP address to.
- Click the “Save” button.