Conferences allow two or more people to call into the system and talk together.
To add a new conference
- Log in to the VProvider web interface.
- Go to Features » Conferences.
- Click the “New” button.
- Enter the following:
- A conference code, replacing the one chosen for you if you wish.
- Optionally a description.
- Optionally an owner for the conference. If set, this person may edit the conference even if they are not an administrator.
- At least one PIN. The administrator PIN allows the caller to lock the conference to new callers. The Talk PIN should be used for most callers. The listen PIN allows the caller to listen but not talk.
- The maximum number of people allowed in the conference. Any callers attempting to log in to the conference after it is full are played an error message and disconnected.
- Whether to ask callers to record their names.
- Whether to play music to the first caller until others join.
- Whether to play music to all callers until an administrator joins.
- Whether to play a tone when someone joins or leaves.
- The duration of the conference. Outside this time, callers may not log in to the conference, though callers already in the conference are not disconnected at the end. If callers may access the conference at any time, set this to be “permanent”.
- When the first conference starts. One minute before this time, notifications are sent. It can still make sense to use this option with permanent conferences to send notifications.
- How often the conference repeats.
- How many conferences there are. For example, if the first conference is on Monday, the conference repeats daily with a total of 5 conferences, the last conference will be on Friday.
- The callerid to use for notification calls.
- Whether to display this conference in the control panel.
- Any telephone numbers to call and email addresses to send notifications to just before the conference starts. The called users are not asked for a PIN, but put directly into the conference with the access you set here.
- Click the “Save” button.
- Set a number or feature code to forward to “Conference login”. *3 is set to conference login by default.